A Newbie's Guide To Adobe Premiere

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:02 pm

Inaaca wrote:
Up In Flamez wrote:NOTE : WHENEVER YOU TRY TO SLOW DOWN A CLIP IN ADOBE PREMIERE 6.X, PREMIERE TRIES TO DEINTERLACE IT WITH A HORRIBLE METHOD. SO IF YOU SPEED UP A CLIP, RIGHT CLICK IT AND GO TO VIDEO OPTIONS > FIELD OPTIONS, AND UN-CLICK 'DEINTERLACE WHEN SPEED IS BELOW 100%'. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, THEN YOUR CLIP WILL LOOK ALL JAGGED AND UGLY!!
Is there a way to do this for the whole project as opposed to having to reselect this for every clip?
You could try selecting all the clips on the timeline and seeing if you can still right-click and get the Field Options option, but I know this doesn't work in Premiere Pro, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:04 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Inaaca wrote:
Up In Flamez wrote:NOTE : WHENEVER YOU TRY TO SLOW DOWN A CLIP IN ADOBE PREMIERE 6.X, PREMIERE TRIES TO DEINTERLACE IT WITH A HORRIBLE METHOD. SO IF YOU SPEED UP A CLIP, RIGHT CLICK IT AND GO TO VIDEO OPTIONS > FIELD OPTIONS, AND UN-CLICK 'DEINTERLACE WHEN SPEED IS BELOW 100%'. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, THEN YOUR CLIP WILL LOOK ALL JAGGED AND UGLY!!
Is there a way to do this for the whole project as opposed to having to reselect this for every clip?
You could try selecting all the clips on the timeline and seeing if you can still right-click and get the Field Options option, but I know this doesn't work in Premiere Pro, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Tested and it doesn't. It selects the clip you right-click on.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:27 pm

I can't look it up right now, but isn't there some setting when you create a new project that would let you do that automatically to every clip?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Gepetto wrote:I can't look it up right now, but isn't there some setting when you create a new project that would let you do that automatically to every clip?
Hm.. I'm not sure, but if that's the case, I would hope that EADFAG would have included that.

Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a setting that I've seen to do it to every clip universally. It's a bit of a pain, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it clip by clip.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Gepetto wrote:I can't look it up right now, but isn't there some setting when you create a new project that would let you do that automatically to every clip?
None that I can see :?

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:26 pm

Inaaca wrote:Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a setting that I've seen to do it to every clip universally. It's a bit of a pain, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it clip by clip.
wouldn't it be easier to deinterlace the source clips via avisynth then?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Gepetto wrote:
Inaaca wrote:Otherwise there doesn't seem to be a setting that I've seen to do it to every clip universally. It's a bit of a pain, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it clip by clip.
Doesn't matter. Premiere 6.5 and earlier will still do the whole "Deinterlace when speed is below 100%" thing by default even if your clips are progressive, If Internet Relay Chat.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:29 pm

Scintilla wrote:If Internet Relay Chat.
:shock:
My DeviantART profile

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Gepetto wrote:
Even if you deinterlace the footage, whenever you change the speed of a clip, Premiere 6.5 does it anyway unless you uncheck that box under clip-> video options-> field options. Why... I don't know :?

Inaaca
Org Profile

Post by Inaaca » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:06 pm

Basically, yeah.

Return to “Adobe Software”