AnimeNEXT 2020 AMV Contest (Cancelled)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

AnimeNEXT 2020 AMV Contest (Cancelled)

Post by Scintilla » Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:55 pm

(UPDATE: AnimeNEXT 2020 has been canceled due to coronavirus, so any AMVs that were eligible for the 2020 AMV contest will also be eligible for the 2021 contest. See most recent post for full details.)

Hey,

I'm here to announce that the AnimeNEXT 2020 AMV Contest is officially open for entries! For those of you who don't know AnimeNEXT, we're a 3-day convention at the gorgeous Atlantic City Convention Center in New Jersey, attracting 11,000+ attendees each year. Our 2020 show will be the 19th iteration of our convention and will be held June 12-14. Oh, and we're bringing back our AMV Theatre, which had its inaugural year in 2019. Come join us!

Contest Rules (PLEASE READ)
Enter here!

As always, our categories are NOT decided until AFTER the finalists are: it all depends on what the mix of AMVs is that is good enough to make finals. (For example, one year we had Character Profile and Artistic but no Action, because that's just how the finalist videos broke down.) So this is a perfect contest for those videos of yours that don't slot nicely into the categories elsewhere.

We are accepting entries until 11:59 P.M. EDT on April 25, 2020. Please get those entries in early if you can, so we have more time to work with you to resolve any problems we might find. There is ALWAYS a big last-minute rush, and we don't want to risk not being able to correct everything before the prescreening the very next week.
Like last year, all entries must contain a valid download link for your video file -- NO YOUTUBE/VIMEO/DAILYMOTION LINKS (or of any other streaming site) will be accepted! I cannot stress that enough. (I thought we had stressed it enough in 2019, but then we still got two or three.)

And now for the twist: After eight unforgettable years, I will no longer be running this AMV Contest... or the department that hosts it.

Why? Because I've accepted a promotion to become AnimeNEXT's first-ever Director of Music & Video Content, overseeing a division that includes not just AMVs but also Karaoke (still headed by Cyanna), Video Programming, the Dance Party, and the Cosplay Formal. So don't worry, I'll still be around to dispense advice and experience... and probably to drive everyone crazy being my usual picky self about everything.

For 2020, your new AnimeNEXT AMV department head Amy and AMV contest coordinator Bill will be running the show. They've been into AMVs about as long as I (if not as visibly) and have been staffing with us at AnimeNEXT for the last few years -- you may have seen them both around the AMV Theatre in 2019 -- and I have every confidence that they will continue the proud tradition we've got going here. They should be coming by this thread soon to introduce themselves better.

Seeing this convention and this department grow, and helping nurture it along, for the past eight years has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life -- the reward of seeing the reactions of our satisfied attendees (and our contest winners!) has made all the hard work every year truly worth it. And it wouldn't have happened without all of you reading this, without this community... so my deepest thanks to you all!

Let us know if you have any questions. Thanks again and have fun!! :)

Scintilla. seriously does ANYONE get this reference anymore
Last edited by Scintilla on Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Inuki42
Org Profile

Re: AnimeNEXT 2020 AMV Contest (Now Open!)

Post by Inuki42 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi! I'm Amy/Inuki, and I took over running the crazy train that is the AnimeNEXT AMV department this year. I've been staff in the department for the past four years, and Scintilla and I have been friends for... well, more than half our lives at this point. Bill, our new contest coordinator, will be by shortly as well.

We're not looking to change things significantly. The contest rules are substantively the same as last year, with only a few tweaks for clarity and emphasis. Everything we receive that adheres to the rules will be shown at some point during the convention, too.

I'm not very active here on the Org, but questions, concerns, comments, or feedback can be sent to amv@animenext.org or animenextamvs@gmail.com and both Bill and I will see it.

Looking forward to seeing some great entries this year!

theartiszan
Org Profile

Post by theartiszan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Bill (TheArtiszan), and I will be the AnimeNEXT AMV contest coordinator this year.
As mentioned, we are really not looking to change anything this year, other that what was already stated above for the contest entries (submission file links).
While the contest submission entries are coming in, you might be hearing from me about your video as it goes through the review process. Any message sent to the amv@animenext.org or animenextamvs@gmail.com email addresses will most likely be fielded by myself as we progress through the contest this year. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
I have been a content creator myself (not active on this site though) back from when I was in high school and junior college. Oh those were very fun times in deed.
Looking forward to seeing your amazing videos this year and hopefully the amazing creators if you are attending the convention!
I wish you all the best of luck!

Jefferys
Org Profile

Post by Jefferys » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:10 am

Um....yay?
Jefferson Eng - As heard on the Otaku Generation podcast
http://twitter.com/jeffersoneng | https://www.facebook.com/JeffersonEng
Tom Servo: Oh, they're flying into a Roger Dean album cover.
Crow T. Robot: They're very into Yes on this planet.

Opner
Org Profile

Post by Opner » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:37 am

Awesome! By the way, the due date year should be 2020 lol

Return to “AMV Contests”