How the heck do I do this effect... -_-

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

How the heck do I do this effect... -_-

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Ok.. I know what I want to do.. but not quite sure how to do it... Alright. I want to be able to move cameras within a huge 3d space, let's say this space is a 'cube' and there are different pictures in certain parts of the room. I want to be able to take my camera and pan by these pictures in separate places within the room. How do I do this. When I use camera on a supposed '3d solid layer' it moves the entire layer as if it was flat and not 3d. Any ideas?

Once again, I use this example at :41 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNensGPxdWc

It's as if it's a room with a camera moving through it. I just dunno how to make the room. (After effects guys. We're talking after effects)

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Re: How the heck do I do this effect... -_-

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:45 pm

Seems like a good question for the visual effects section of the help forum (just so you get a quicker reply).
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:33 pm

Thought this was the right forum. Crap.

[Never fear, pink mod is here! I moved it over for you. -Ileia]

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:13 pm

at :41 in that example there isn't much camera movement. the floor plane is mostly what makes the scene appear to be a "room" and have depth (so you'd want to play with the x rotation of a solid), as well as the z positioning of objects in space. i'd just watch a few camera tutorials and it will become apparent. you might want to specifically look into camera mapping tutorials based on the explanation of what you're trying to achieve. in addition, you might want to look into depth of field and compositing techniques.
Sephirothskr wrote: it moves the entire layer as if it was flat and not 3d.
without 3rd party plugins, the "3d" in after effects is an illusion and there aren't actual extrusions.

Return to “Effects & Techniques”