Really bizarre problem--all clips in Vegas are tinted blue

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Chaobunny12
Org Profile

Re: Really bizarre problem--all clips in Vegas are tinted blue

Post by Chaobunny12 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Cannonaire wrote:Judging by your video size in Vegas, I'm assuming you ripped DVDs. When you use your indexer, it should tell you the aspect ratio of the footage (hit f5 to preview in DGIndex or DVD2AVI, it will tell you in the box that comes up).
Yeah. Thanks guys, I'm still pretty bad at AR stuff, so for all my video clips I ripped before recently I never resized to set them to the correct AR. And thanks for the website, Nya-chan, that will be helpful when I don't have my DVD cases in front of me. =3

Cannonaire
Org Profile

Re: Really bizarre problem--all clips in Vegas are tinted blue

Post by Cannonaire » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:49 pm

It's probably a bad idea to try to fix aspect ratios after the video is done if you're mixing sources with different ARs. The problem here is that some content will look stretched and some will look squeezed, but you can't fix it easily once it's all one video. A common practice is to first decide whether you want the final video to be widescreen or 4:3 (most commonly 848x480 and 640x480 respectively) then crop all of one type to fit the other. A third option which most often doesn't look very good at all is to letterbox one type of source to fit the other, but that would mean black bars blinking in and out whenever the anime switches.

In any case, with mixed ARs you will want to resize your footage before making your video.
Image Think millionaire, but with cannons. || Resident Maaya Sakamoto fan.

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”