Best Use of Special Effects (The Super Effective Award)

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Re: Best Use of Special Effects (The Super Effective Award)

Post by Shin-AMV » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Premiered: 2010-11-24

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:40 pm

nvm, wrong year :(

Rider4Z
The Machine
Org Profile

Post by Rider4Z » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:19 pm

shit gimme a damn edit button please

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:33 am

Shin-AMV wrote:
Premiered: 2010-11-24
Oh... :sweat:
we are awesome

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:22 pm

rook2pawn
Org Profile

Post by rook2pawn » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:52 am

Radical_Yue wrote:
kireblue wrote:I fell like I've been going to thread after thread reminding people to not forget about this one. Both PencilHead and Astral Melodic were phenomenal videos.

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3717HxaBk

Yup. That's Find Edges...and Flourish...and yup...dear god was that a lens flare? D:

I'll give him credit for trying but imo this category is down to PencilHead and Eidolon.

One video that has blatant effects and one video that has effects so perfect you can't tell they're there.

This x100..

I have no idea how one can use effects so well that the viewer cannot even discern that they were used, but pencilhead did this for me.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 am

kireblue wrote:
MimS wrote:Some vids I want to vote for aren't in the list and I don't have the filter thing, how can I do?
you can always do a google search. If you type in the title of any AMV, and add "amv" to your search, its A-M-V.org entry is usually the first result.
Well, I don't think you get what I mean. In general, org filters vids during VCAs so that the lists are shorter.
Right now, in this one, I want to vote for a vid which is not in the list of this category. To fix it, you can select "all vids" at the top of the page I can't, I don't have the windows with every category... I thought it would be fixed but it's not :/

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:40 am

rook2pawn wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:
kireblue wrote:I fell like I've been going to thread after thread reminding people to not forget about this one. Both PencilHead and Astral Melodic were phenomenal videos.

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3717HxaBk

Yup. That's Find Edges...and Flourish...and yup...dear god was that a lens flare? D:

I'll give him credit for trying but imo this category is down to PencilHead and Eidolon.

One video that has blatant effects and one video that has effects so perfect you can't tell they're there.

This x100..

I have no idea how one can use effects so well that the viewer cannot even discern that they were used, but pencilhead did this for me.
Go watch Eidolon. It was turned out of an effects category at one of the biggest cons in the world because the coordinator couldn't tell he DID any effects. It's that good.

There is a making of to see all the work he did :

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 pm

MimS wrote:
kireblue wrote:
MimS wrote:Some vids I want to vote for aren't in the list and I don't have the filter thing, how can I do?
you can always do a google search. If you type in the title of any AMV, and add "amv" to your search, its A-M-V.org entry is usually the first result.
Well, I don't think you get what I mean. In general, org filters vids during VCAs so that the lists are shorter.
Right now, in this one, I want to vote for a vid which is not in the list of this category. To fix it, you can select "all vids" at the top of the page I can't, I don't have the windows with every category... I thought it would be fixed but it's not :/
yeah, I completely misread your message. I see what you mean. I went to nominate Pencil Head and Astral Melodic, but neither of them are on the list. I think that both of them forgot to check the special effect box when they uploaded their videos.

This will probably need to be fixed by a admiin

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:54 pm

kireblue wrote:
MimS wrote:Well, I don't think you get what I mean. In general, org filters vids during VCAs so that the lists are shorter. Right now, in this one, I want to vote for a vid which is not in the list of this category. To fix it, you can select "all vids" at the top of the page I can't, I don't have the windows with every category... I thought it would be fixed but it's not :/
yeah, I completely misread your message. I see what you mean. I went to nominate Pencil Head and Astral Melodic, but neither of them are on the list. I think that both of them forgot to check the special effect box when they uploaded their videos.

This will probably need to be fixed by a admiin
It's possible that qwaqa and the others didn't select "Digital Effects" when adding the video description. afaik, that's what needs to be tagged in order to show up on this list. If you didn't check the box and it's crossed out in the Edit Videos description, then there's not much that can be done. That part of the description is usually locked out from changes after a time. :(

If it is checked off in your description, it appears in your eligibility page, and the video isn't in the category listing, please let me know by PM so we can investigate it further.
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

Return to “2012 AnimeMusicVideos.org Viewers' Choice Awards”