Round 1 - Results [Updated with Group F & H Results]

This is the main (and archive) forum for The Quickening, hosted by AnimeMusicVideos.Org
meleechampion
Org Profile

Re: Round 1 - Results

Post by meleechampion » Thu May 10, 2012 5:13 pm

NO. WRONG. DAMNIT PEOPLE.

*sigh*

Can't we just... give and take both a little bit on each side?

Judges, keep in mind you're judging real people.
Editors, don't be so offended.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Thu May 10, 2012 5:28 pm

try to please everyone, and you please no one, not even yourself!
I guess this is all you need to know. :)
Enjoy yourself guys! It's right to get some discordant opinion about a video, and truthful opinion are also there to teach you something...
That...
YOU'LL KICK THEIR ASS NEXT TIME.
Ahhahahahah, I'm joking. :P
What I really mean is "don't take it too seriously!". We're all here to have fun!
Since it seems that people are having problems taking the criticism our judges offered, I'll just take it down.
Aww, too bad, I would love to know the opinion about my video. Oh well. :P

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Kairih wrote:
Since it seems that people are having problems taking the criticism our judges offered, I'll just take it down.
Aww, too bad, I would love to know the opinion about my video. Oh well. :P

If anyone wishes to know what the judges had to say, simply message me and I'll be more than happy to share their comments.

But other than that, I don't need to hear 64 people trying to justify their work against the judge's comments.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:If anyone wishes to know what the judges had to say, simply message me and I'll be more than happy to share their comments.

But other than that, I don't need to hear 64 people trying to justify their work against the judges comments.
Oh, that's perfect. :D Alright, I'll send you a PM when group b results will be out.
And don't worry, I perfectly understand your point. :3

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Thu May 10, 2012 5:48 pm

But when I PM you for comments I'm still going to bitch. :D

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu May 10, 2012 5:50 pm

meleechampion wrote:But when I PM you for comments I'm still going to bitch. :D

That's fine with me. :3 At least you won't be making a mess all over a public forum that is supposed to be used for other things. Bitch 'til your heart's content <3

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Thu May 10, 2012 5:58 pm

I was wondering where these comments were that everyone was talking about.... and you can bet I'll be sending a PM to get the comments on my vid after the results are in. I know I'm awesome and obviously 20% cooler then the rest of you so no comment going to bring me down :A

Congrats to the winners!
ImageImageImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu May 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:Since it seems that people are having problems taking the criticism our judges offered, I'll just take it down..
Hey, don't do that. And if you're not gonna post the comments, I'll post mine on my own.

BTW, in this round, the first set of comments was mine. If the comments sounded like they were all written by one judge, then I think that would be a compliment to the consistency of our judging and clear criteria. Obviously we didn't agree on everything, but as far as I see the standard of judging is pretty equal among everyone. That's a good thing.

Masterzero8:
Hey, don't get discouraged! I didn't even know this was your first AMV - and while the feedback may have been harsh, you really have done a good job in a competitive environment. But remember that our job here is to judge - that is, if videos are going to go forward or get eliminated, we better have darn good reasons for it. Because it's a contest, we have to be sharp and critical, or we'd never decide anything. If you're looking for more encouraging and constructive feedback, this might not be the best place. If you're looking to test yourself against more experienced editors (which many in the Quickening are), unfortunately you might have to expect this.

That said, again, I think you have nothing to be ashamed of - can't win them all, but you did a good job and competed. That's already worth commending!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Thu May 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Radical_Yue wrote:No, no, no....You're ALL WRONG!

The real problem here is....

Where was the Diebuster video!?

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://miotd.com/images/20080731.jpg

Starry Eyed? Eh? EH? :awesome:
Also,

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 pm

ngsilver wrote:I was wondering where these comments were that everyone was talking about..
Me too. It's our duty to withstand harsh criticism, anyway. Why even bother to make a video if you're not ready to hear everyone's opinion? Nobody's perfect and the judges have a reason to give you low ratings, if that's the case. At least I want to hear my video's criticism...

Return to “The Quickening 2012”