What are your thoughts on PC Games?

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Fri Nov 01, 2002 8:59 pm

alternatefutures wrote:SLightly off topic remark:

So, do you think it'll be long after Doom III is released before a company actually makes a decent game out of the engine? Shame to have such good engines wasted on Id.

This quote makes no sense since Id MAKES the engine, how can they waste it on themselves?

There was/is a huge fanbase for for the Doom/Quake series. There are people out there who enjoy run & gun types of games. I don't however.

Doom III doesn't have the purpose of being another run and gun type game. More like half-life actually.

~klinky

alternatefutures
Org Profile

Post by alternatefutures » Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:45 pm

Id does make the engine, but they have no idea how to use them. "Look, we have an level editor that uses NURBS! We'll use this technology for the sole purpose of putting arches in doorways!" Yeah! Lucas Arts then at least tried to use it, but the main extent there was creating cylinders. Then look at a UT 2003 where some levels are made completely of organic shapes.

And I'm very much into the run and gun type games. The problem is, the best ones are heads and shoulders above anything Id puts out.

Mroni
Location: Heading for the 90s living in the 80s sitting in a back room waiting for the big boom
Org Profile

Post by Mroni » Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:43 am

The best run and gun type game was the original castle wolfenstien 3D! I'm being really serious here. You would turn a corner and here a freakin nazi yell at you and it would scare the hell out of you! too bad it didnt have multiplayer. Actually A neat one that was flawed was Sin.

Mr Oni

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:10 pm

You can fit this into a sort of con-pc games. I don't play video games on my computer. I use my computer for things that I wouldn't be ably to do on ther things, like internet. When I want to play a video game, I just play on my console games. This is why I haven't got anything new for like 4 years. Though internet multiplayer could be argued against it. :?

Return to “General Off Topic”