Mom, dad... could you repeat that?!

This forum is for actual topics of discussion that do not fit the above categories.
Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Mom, dad... could you repeat that?!

Post by Anime Jedi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:00 am

When you live with somebody for so long, you tend to know all about their attitude, behaviour and personality. So for many of us, there comes a time when we can pretty much predict exactly what are parents are going to say. Things like "Maybe when you're older", "Are his parents going to be home" and "Money doesn't grow on trees you know". But every once in awhile, something is said that totally surprises you! How about sharing some of the comments that your parents have said that just plain surprised you.

Mom after my hockey game (she's normally doesn't give any comments after hockey) : "Do the referees have it in for your coach? Like, you guys got screwed around with all the penalties they gave you!"

More examples when I can remember them... ^_^

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:21 am

my mom said "fuck" once....in the 18 years I've been alive I've never recalled hearing her say that until a month or so ago. I was so damn funny cause of everyones reaction too that. Then again I think hearing my aunt Laura yell out a couple of profanities from dropping a wall phone on the floor was more amusing.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:47 am

My dad can get really profane when he is angry, which is funny unless it is directed at you. So he rarely says anything that is surprising, My step-mom on the other hand thinks she is still in high school. So she will say stuff that you would not expect from a mom...

Trident
Org Profile

Post by Trident » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:38 pm

My mother is... how to say this... she's very nice and very intelligent (most of the time) but she's also very reserved. Her side of the family is generally the same way. So it surprised me to no end when my grandma (her mother) said at a family gathering, "Wish in one hand, crap in the other, and see which hand fills up the fastest."
"The dice of love are madness and turmoil."--Anakreon

Nemoxs
Org Profile

Post by Nemoxs » Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:52 pm

My grandmother is...

Not the nicest person, shes a tough pill to swallow.. I'm actually scared to go and spend time with her... she scares the CRAP outta me.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:09 pm

Mom: "I'm alpha bitch."

Me: :shock:
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Dec 01, 2003 3:52 pm

so is that your mom in your avatar?
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

xtc_kurama
Org Profile

Post by xtc_kurama » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:54 pm

i was going to leave with my brother to drop my sister off at her choir concert early, my parents then said "oh that means we get to be home all alone" my dad said " ohhhh that sounds nice" , my mom "Oh wait i forgot, its that time of the month. Well kids dont be surprised if you see dad walk into the concert with a red mustache."

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i was scarred for life..
http://elazulspad.com/blaxor/
"We're not evil, you can trust us."
- Conditioner Corp. slogan

FATTY_VM
Org Profile

Post by FATTY_VM » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:26 pm

xtc_kurama wrote:i was going to leave with my brother to drop my sister off at her choir concert early, my parents then said "oh that means we get to be home all alone" my dad said " ohhhh that sounds nice" , my mom "Oh wait i forgot, its that time of the month. Well kids dont be surprised if you see dad walk into the concert with a red mustache."

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

i was scarred for life..
I hope that was a joke ... I hope that was a joke .....dear god I hope ....

Most suprising thing I think I've heard in my years I spent with my mother was last year when she thought i was dealing, she asked me if she could buy a dime of weed from me .... i did one of these :shock: :shock: :? :roll: :lol:
...the problem I see a lot is that many good amv makers think they suck, and many bad amv makers think they're good.
I've seen it happen, man! I've SEEN IT!..
--Rob Kenchu

Satomi
Org Profile

Post by Satomi » Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:45 pm

My father never really liked me. So, the day he told me ' I Love You, kid', my eyes resembled this ( :shock: ) and my mouth hung open. Of course, he was drunk.
guy07 wrote: they know me as the ball licker of hell

Return to “General Off Topic”