MomoCon 2020: Live Performance AMV Concert

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

MomoCon 2020: Live Performance AMV Concert

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:07 am

MomoCon is pleased to announce that our AMVs on Stage: Live Performance Concert will be returning for 2020! This year, we'll be working with YouTubers Adrisaurus (Adriana Figueroa), FamilyJules, Jayn, DAGames and annapantsu to showcase videos edited specifically for the event, and accompany them with music performed live on our concert stage. And so we're putting out an open call for editors to create new and exciting AMVs for it. Anyone selected to have their videos showcased will receive a free 4-day membership to MomoCon 2020!

Submission Deadline: May 6th
Concert Date: May 22nd

How this works
  • 1. Editors will select songs from the music catalogs of the following performers: 2. Selected songs should primarily feature the vocals of one or more of the performers mentioned above. Songs that also feature vocals from performers not at MomoCon can be considered on a case by case basis. But in the case of FamilyJules, you can only reserve from his Pre-approved Song List.

3. A song may not be reserved by more than one editor (even if it has a different performer). So with this in mind, editors will need to notify me of which songs they are "claiming" so that it can be reserved in this document. There are no limits on how many videos anyone can edit, but you're only able to have up to 3 uncomplete reservations at any time. To make additional reservations, you must finish at least one of your videos first. Editors are also discouraged from reserving songs that were performed last year.

4. All forms of animation may be used for your video, and a series may be used multiple times by multiple editors.

5. Audio cuts or modifications to the music will not be allowed. If you choose to edit with a song, you must edit with it in its entirety.

6. In order to main audio consistency, we recommend that you edit your videos with audio purchased from either iTunes, Amazon, Google Play or bandcamp. Songs only available on YouTube may also be considered on a case by case basis.  

7. All videos must be completed by Wednesday, May 6th. Editors are also expected to periodically upload betas and WIPs (work in progress) of their videos to this folder.

8. In the case of a submitted video failing to meet reasonable quality or encoding standards, it may be excluded from the concert. Also, in the case of MomoCon receiving too many videos to showcase during the event, some videos may be cut for time.
After you finish editing your video, you'll send it to me, and I'll request an instrumental/non-vocal version of your song from the corresponding performer. I'll then swap out your video's audio with the instrumental track, render it as a 720p H.264 MP4, and make it available for both you and the performers to review.

During the concert, the instrumental version of your video will be played, and the performers will sing over it to provide the vocals.
_________

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. And don't forget that any video finished by our April 20th AMV & V-MIX Competition deadline is more than welcome to participate in that as well. We look forward to seeing all your videos :awesome:

maidmisachan
Org Profile

Re: MomoCon 2020: Live Performance AMV Concert

Post by maidmisachan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm

Wait, so is caleb not doing the concert this year?

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 pm

maidmisachan wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
As of right now, no. But he may be added at a later date.

maidmisachan
Org Profile

Post by maidmisachan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 pm
maidmisachan wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:34 pm
As of right now, no. But he may be added at a later date.
Okay, thanks.

sarCASSticladyinwaiting
Org Profile

Post by sarCASSticladyinwaiting » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:36 pm

Hello, I'd like to request DA Games's, "Hello Neighbor song," using the series Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:23 am

sarCASSticladyinwaiting wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:36 pm
Hello, I'd like to request DA Games's, "Hello Neighbor song," using the series Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir.
added :up:

mercurybubble
Org Profile

Post by mercurybubble » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 am

Hi I'd like to request Annapantsu's, "Sally's Song," using Miraculous Ladybug.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:26 pm

mercurybubble wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:21 am
Hi I'd like to request Annapantsu's, "Sally's Song," using Miraculous Ladybug.
added :up:

Akoku
Org Profile

Post by Akoku » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47 am

Hi, can I edit with a TV size song (I'm thinking about "Moonlight Densetsu" by annapantsu, she recorded just a TV size version)? And will editors be mentioned or the video will be shown anonymously? Thanks.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 pm

Akoku wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47 am
Hi, can I edit with a TV size song (I'm thinking about "Moonlight Densetsu" by annapantsu, she recorded just a TV size version)? And will editors be mentioned or the video will be shown anonymously? Thanks.
Yeah, you're able to request that song. annapantsu will still have to approve it, but I added it to the list. And yes, the editor of the video will be mentioned before each performance.

Return to “General AMV”